Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Recurrence and possible signs

Options
2»

Comments

• Strongwoman
    Options
    @babs272
      Thank you.  I will recognize that I sometimes push myself to do things and sometimes too much so.  I guess my motto is, "I will do things as much as I can while I still can."  There are days I don't want to do things, like today so, I rest and do a load of laundry here and there and then pull one of the meal's my Mom has been great at bringing for the freezer for days just like this. That way, I know my 'boys' who are working will have food to come home to even if I am having an off day.  So, if you have anyone offering for you, take them up on it!  I find it helps.  
    What I do refuse to do is....let my 83 yr old Aunt come clean my house for me.  I let her come if my parents are here and she does things with my Mom but her on her own....nope can't do it.  Especially when I know she finds it difficult to do things on her own at her place.  
    Take away, accept help and ask for help when you need it.  I find that exact statement very difficult but am learning and starting to accept more.
    Take care of YOU and you are right today is not a very nice day out. Grey, sun tries to peek out and the air is cool.  I swear I think I just saw a few flakes of that white stuff!
    Well, I am off to have a cup of tea after having a nap.
    Chat soon. <3
  • I have many homemade soups in the freezer, that I have made on my good days. Also made 2 1/2 dozen rasin scones yesterday. Today I feel lazy and tired.
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @babs272
      LOL.....my Mom laughs at me as to how many soups I have in the freezer currently.  I like soups but the men in my house like meals.  I can get away with soup and something else for one or two nights but that is it.  I have been getting creative and attempting some vegetarian meals lately which have so far been successful.
      Yesterday was a hard day and I don't think you were alone in that.  I struggled all day and into the evening. I am hoping today is better. The sun is out and hope it stays out for awhile today.