Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Community Champion. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).
Ovarian Cancer Canada is thrilled to share that we have some exciting updates on the way for OVdialogue. These enhancements are designed to strengthen our community and make your experience even better.

Stay tuned for more details, and feel free to share your thoughts below. Let’s make this community even stronger!

Vaginal vault polyps/granulation tissue

Good Morning Everyone!
  I attended my 6 mos post op/follow up visit with my surgeon yesterday. I will also mention that chemo finished on Aug 13th. During the appt an internal was performed and vaginal vault polyps/granulation tissue was found. Although I was assured that it may be scar tissue from surgery and that is occurs, a biopsy was taken to be assessed. A CT scan has also been ordered to determine outcomes as well.  
I am curious if anyone else has gone through this or has any information on it. From what I can find in articles, they are older information and nothing relevant within the past year or two.  
Any insight from my fellow sisters would be appreciated. 
Take care
Tammy

Comments

• Good Day!
      I am writing to follow up from this post.  I did not hear from anyone and will assume that no one else has experienced this. 
      I have not had my follow up appt with the surgeon but have been able to view my biopsy and it is non cancerous.  The granulation tissue is a type of scar tissue that can build in the body especially in more moisture laden areas from what I have read.  I thought it would be best to give an update in case anyone else does go through this.  If there is anything more to add after speaking with the surgeon, I will definitely post it as well.
      Hope all are doing as well as can be. 
    Take care
    Tammy
  • Thanks Tammy!
  • @tammy
    Thanks for sharing your story and update with the group..and for offering further updates if there are any.  There could be others in the community who have experienced a similar situation but just not active on the platform right now. It would be nice to add to this discussion thread as a reference for future.  But great you've started it.

Cheers and wishing you heath and joy this holiday season, 
     <3