Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Study on body image, relationship with others, and yoga.

Options

I received the following request for study participants.  I'm not sure whether it's appropriate to post this here - if not, I'm sure the moderators will take it down.  

A team of researchers from the University of Ottawa and the Ottawa Hospital want to learn more about gynecologic cancer patients/survivors’ experiences.  

A research study is being done to understand women’s thoughts and feelings towards their bodies after being diagnosed with gynecologic cancer, and how these thoughts and feelings may influence their behaviors and relationship with others. The study also seeks to understand the benefits women see to engaging in yoga after being diagnosed with gynecologic cancer in relation to their body image and relationships with others.  

Interested individuals, namely adults diagnosed with gynecologic cancer, should contact Jenson Price, PhD (c), Principal Investigator, University of Ottawa (jpric035@uottawa.ca) for additional information about the study (e.g., purpose, eligibility criteria, benefits/risks, time commitment).  

Comments

• Fearless_Moderator
    Options
    @jobo, as the Moderator for OVdialogue (English site) I have no problem with your posting. I think most of the gals are quite interested to know what studies are going on and to have the opportunity to have their own voice heard if they meet the participant criteria.  Having been a co-author of similar work recently, I can attest to how difficult it is to recruit participants given all of the privacy legislation and academic ethics requirements.

Hoping your posting will grab the attention of our members and some will have an interest in engaging and reach out to those leading the study per your instructions. 

Good luck
  • jobo
    Options
    @Fearless - Vol Mod - thanks, that's good to know.  I just realized that I could attach the study poster, which includes more info about eligibility and requirements, and could save people some time.