Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

ovarian Cancer

Options
Hi my name is Fiorel
I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in; February,2021
I am in Calgary
I would very much like to get in contact with someone that is still getting chemo treatments.

Comments

• Hi @Fiorel

Welcome to OVdialogue.  I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis but hopeful our community can be of help to you and as you continue your journey.

With regard to your request, the majority of "active" members are in chemo, either primary treatment or for recurrence. So I have little doubt there will be more than one you can connect with.  However, could you provide a bit more context for us so that anyone responding can determine if their own experience have similarities and can provide benefit to you.

Specifically, what type and stage of OVC was your diagnosis? What treatment have you had, including chemo drugs you've received and current status of your treatment?  And what is it you'd like to share or hear about from our members?

I ask for this context because there are multiple types of OVC and treatments, much of which may be irrelevant to your own situation.  

Thanks Fiorel, and hope we can get you the support you're looking for quickly.  I might add if you're looking for information on chemo you might want to order the booklet By Your Side from Ovarian Cancer Canada. It talks quite a bit about chemotherapy and you might find that helpful. And OCC's website is chock full of information and resources that you might also find useful to review.  

Look forward to hearing back from you.....
    Fearless (Kathi)