Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Neutrophils

Curious- how low have your neutrophils gone while on chemo?

Comments

• Hi Lucy,  
    My neutrophils were low and really low for my last chemo treatment so they had to reschedule my last chemo (3 weeks later).  I am a 5 year survivor of HGSC.  I hope that helps.
  • @LUCY_BC I'm not sure what purpose this serves but the lowest my neutrophils have been was .63 back when I was in first line chemo, about half way through my cycles.  At that point I was taken off chemo for a week while they administered a drug daily for a week to bring the level back to normal.  This most recent time I received a shot of Lapelga on Day 10 of each cycle to avoid a drop in my neutrophils so they remained stable through out.

There have been a number of past discussions on OVd about the subject you might find helpful.  Just type in a few key words like: neutrophils, neutropenia, white blood cells in the search box on the upper right of your screen to pull up the conversations.

Hope this is helpful.