Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Olaparib

Options
2»

Comments

• Strongwoman
    Options
    @Marley2scoops Your welcome from all of us!!  That sounds like a good idea.  I currently get bloodwork monthly and CT scan every 3 mos.  My hospital used to have an online tool to be able to see all my CT scans etc; Now they are moving to a new one (which I found out about yesterday) that is free and I can supposedly see everything online. Ask your hospital if they have something like this as well. Then you can view as you see fit and it may bring you more ease to be able to see your results.  Let us know how it goes in 2 wks
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @Marley2scoops Were you able to navigate/figure anything about to obtain results online?  I hope you were successful.  Where are things at for you currently?  In treatment? None?  Would like to know where you are at and how you are doing if you would like to share that information.  I am thinking of you and will wait to see if you post an update.  Take care  <3
  • Thanks so much for thinking about me.  I am doing good right now.  I had a ct scan in October that showed no signs of new disease and my ca125 has been steady at 7.  I just had a phone call appointment 2 weeks ago and everything looks good.  I have been able to deal with my anxiety better lately and I’m having blood work and seeing the dr on a 3 month schedule and I’m ok with that for now.  
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    That is wonderful @Marley2scoops Sounds like things are stable currently and that you are doing well too, emotionally.  Do you mind me asking what helped you to quell the anxieties you were having?  
    A 3 month schedule is good, once one wraps their head around it and accepts it.  Of course we keep track of all our symptoms and can wonder at times...'is this' or 'what's that'....but carrying on and living your day the best you can is what is important.  Time can help as well.  
      Thank you for sharing your update and hope you will keep us posted along the way from time to time.  For now, go enjoy or find joy in things that lift you up and fill you up.  
    💗
  • I think having the ct scan come back showing that there is no new disease helped me to relax and not worry so much.  
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    OMG @Marley2scoops that is Ah-mazing!!!  That IS something that would alleviate a lot of anxieties for sure and let one relax.  You go celebrate that and live it up!  Go enjoy many things you may not have been able to do otherwise.  Thank you for sharing that with us all!
  • Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator
    Options
    @Marley2scoops  Good Morning.  Wondering what you are doing with your NED status and how things are going.  Let us know when you can as I would love to hear an update. 
    Take care  <3