Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis ([email protected]).

Teal Tuesdays - Live Online Chat! (Discontinued indefinitely)

Comments

• Thanks @Flowergirl for the shout out about our staff event on Tuesday as we remembered and reflected on the amazing women we meet through our work at Ovarian Cancer Canada.  You are all part of that group and we are so happy that you are finding this community helpful and supportive as you deal with this disease and provide encouragement and support to each other.  It is a privilege for me to be the moderator of this site! 
  • Hello @Marilyn - thank you - so appreciate your support!
  • Hello - good evening everyone - Hi @terrylee - how are you this evening?

• Tonight is a hockey night in Canada! Good night everyone - catch you back on the site when we can or try to "meet" here on:
    Tuesday December 12 @ 7:00 PM CST - take care and hope everyone is doing well. 
  • Hi there @Flowergirl I came on tuesday and didn't see anyone else. Clearly I need to clean my glasses! Will try again this coming up Tuesday if I'm home in time :)
  • I will try to make it this coming Tuesday.  My schedule has changed.  Looking forward to it if anyone is around.  
  • I am here today.  Hello to whomever is around.
  • Hello -  good evening - Welcome  @liesel and @oldmaster and those recently joined to the chat. There are some new topics and a lot of great support here - thank you everyone for sharing... I am trying to log in every Tuesday evening at 7:00 PM CST hoping we can all connect together. Or join when you can and "see you" throughout the site.
  • Hello @Barbara and @CurlyHair - welcome - looks like we have a party today!
  • So @Flowergirl how does this work?

• @Flowergirl, thanks for commenting on oldmaster's situation with me.  Not sure I understand the doctor situation there.  Poor doctoring.   
  • Hi @CurlyHair - this is the place to log in to say hello on Tuesdays and we can chat about  what is happening for you today. If there is a topic already started, we can pop around the site to comment. 

• @Flowergirl Do we not dialogue under this discussion page versus jumping around to other discussions which I do anyway.  It is freezing here in Toronto.  I know that It makes it hard to walk outside for exercise.  
  • Hi @CurlyHair - yes, you can comment here or if you think it fits better somewhere else you can do that also.
    Still trying to get the users on board with the chat if they are interested...
    Some topics and info may get lost and I really like the @ feature because then it doesn't matter where you comment.
    Yes, winter is among us.... I'm going to do a walk in the mall or one of the arenas so it can be indoor exercise - less chance of a fall.
  • Good night everyone - Happy Hanukkha to those celebrating. Hello @Mimila - welcome to the site.... 
    Hope to "see" you all back here on Tuesday December 19 @7:00 PM CST 
  • Hello and good evening - how is everyone doing today/ tonight (or when you happen to see this post?).

• Hello @Barbara - hope you are doing well this evening - not sure if you are on the English or French site - or both for now!
  • Hello @Flowergirl
    i am supposed to be on the French site ...
    but no problem , it is an opportunity to chat with more people
  • Hello @Barbara - yes it is quiet this evening - sometimes the time frame doesn't work for everyone and it is nice the site has 24/7 access so you can catch up.  Are you celebrating the holidays?
  • good night everyone - see you around the site and I'll be back here on Tuesday December 26 @7:00 PM CST 
    If you are celebrating, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Hope and some Joy this time of year.
  • Hello @Flowergirl
    yes i am celebrating Christmas, and I am in the preparation for this nice celebration & family reunion 
    wish you the best ...

• Hello Everyone - thank you @Barbara - wishing you all a Merry Christmas if you are celebrating, and much love & joy and a time for self-care of course.  see you  back here on Tuesday December 26 at 7:00 PM CST
  • good evening - I hope everyone found some time to enjoy the holidays... I'll be checking in over the next few days as we come to the end of the year! - I celebrated a milestone birthday with family and friends.... What was the best part of 2017 for you? 
  • Hello
    Today was a morning of glorious chaos as the grandchildren opened their gifts before we all had a wonderful lunch. 
    Christmas is all about family.

I hope everyone had a memorable holiday.  
  • Thank you @midcanada - it is nice to spend some happy times with loved ones. 
    2018 is on the way - hope to meet you all back here on Tuesday January 2 @ 7:00 PM  CST 
  • Hello and good evening - hi @lakelady3 - thanks for popping in.... how are you tonight!
  • Good night everyone - Happy New Year to you all... "see" you around the site and then back here on Tuesday January 9 at 7:00 PM CST 
  • Hello Everyone - looking forward to our live chat tonight at 7:00 PM CST if you are able to join
  • Good evening - it is a hockey game night so it could be quiet.
    Happy New Year. You'll notice we have many new topics on the site - we are at 3 pages now and I invite you to check them out and hope you find some good support  here. There are also a few more participants that have recently joined. Welcome everyone.  How are you today?

• Good evening @flowergirl I hope I'm not too late I nearly forgot it was Tuesday!