Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Community Champion. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).
Ovarian Cancer Canada is thrilled to share that we have some exciting updates on the way for OVdialogue. These enhancements are designed to strengthen our community and make your experience even better.

Stay tuned for more details, and feel free to share your thoughts below. Let’s make this community even stronger!

Teal Tuesdays - Live Online Chat! (Discontinued indefinitely)

Comments

• Hi to everyone..I made it early enough tonight..I found that my difficult times after chemo started probably within 12 hours..with muscle pain... I had a really good friend who cracked the whip and forced me to get moving..walking..and that helped lots for me...the drugs weren't too bad either 🤣🤣😂😂😉
  • @Bluebird - wow your muscle pains start quickly - mine started between 36-48 hours after. Yes, my husband nagged at me to get up and move and it does help.
  • @kattie666..glad your doing well..popsicles as many as you want..you earned it...you deserve it..
  • Goodnight ladies! Good to connect with each of you. Til next time!
  • @kastoyles...I would get really hot and flushed soon after chemo...and I was told that it was a reaction to chemo...would start taking benedryl for about 48 hours..and that really helped...it all sounds bad but really I did ok...it was just a few glitches..i would sit on my tub chair in the shower and let warm water run over me..it was relaxing..
  • @bluebird, I just got back from my evening walk. I try to walk every day no matter what. May not feel like it at first, but I'm glad that I did so, every time!
  • I'm signing off as well. Thanks to all and take care!
  • @cbot..you are right...sometimes the hardest part is to get started on that walk..but I'm so glad that you do it...good for you being motivated to do it.  😊
  • Good night everyone - the rain is starting and I have a few tasks to attend to outside.
    Looking forward to seeing you back here next week and anytime around the site
    Hope you all have a great week!
  • nadiaC
    nadiaC Legacy
    Hi everyone! I’m not sure if teal Tuesday is still live but I wanted to say a big hello to all my sisters. I’m on day 5 after my first chemo and all the tips and support I got from sisters here was amazing. My indulgences have been ice cream and books, and I’ve let the house get messy because cleaning can wait 😊

• I signed off a while ago @nadiaC but I just saw your post. Glad the support was helpful. I'm finding the same great support as I head into round 3 this Thursday. Take care!
  • nadiaC
    nadiaC Legacy
    You got this @cbot! We will be thinking of you on Thursday 💪🏼
  • @nadiaC..you go girlfriend...look after yourself first and eat all the ice cream you want....house cleaning can always wait
  • @cbot...good luck with cycle 3...good thoughts your way😊
  • Good evening @Bluebird and those in  "viewing only mode"
  • Good evening to all, including @Flowergirl!
  • Hello @flowergirl and all the teal sisters...am I in viewing only mode?
  • @flowergirl...I hadn't seen any activity tonight and usually I'm late...am I in the right mode?😁🤣😂
  • Hi @Bluebird - no you are not - we can see you are here and your comments.
    Sometimes people just view the site without logging in is what I meant and if you don't see the little round icon of those logged to the chat it will indicate +5 more

Hello @cbot!
  • Hello @Bluebird and @Flowergirl. How has the past week been for you?
  • we have 5 or more guests in viewing mode- welcome everyone and please take a few moments to review all the new comments on the recent discussions 
    Also, note that there are 6 pages of discussions you can review at your leisure 
  • Good evening ladies!  Round two done!  Round three next week!  Just chillin'.  Still surprised at how lucky I have been with tolerating the side effects..... touch wood.... don't want to jinx it!  
  • For anyone that missed the excellent webinar on Hope
    You can watch it here:
    https://ovariancanada.org/Living-with-Ovarian-Cancer/Webinar-Series
    Be sure to scroll down on that page as well as there are many recorded sessions that have been so helpful.
    I've reviewed a few of them a couple times!
  • Hello @nadiaC
  • Hi @kattie666! Glad you have been tolerating the treatments. I finished round 3 last Thursday. Feeling a bit more tired this time round.
  • Hi @cbot  I was more tired after #2 than #1 as well.  Some nausea but not too bad!  Kicking cancer's a$$!!!
  • Hello @cbot my weeks been great..how about yours?  😊
    Hello @kattie666..good to hear all is going well for you...here's to your 3rd next week🥳
  • Hello @nadiaC...is your 2nd cycle coming up?
  • nadiaC
    nadiaC Legacy
    Hello everyone! Hope you’re all having a great evening. I just put my son to bed. Noticed today that my hair’s starting to fall out. Feeling a bit sad