Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Pelvic Exenteration

Options
Hello
I am new here and confess that I don't have ovarian cancer but vulvar melanoma that has spread to my vagina. 
I've had Brachytherapy and external beam radiation but the Cancer came back and I am now looking at having a full pelvic Exenteration surgery done and wonder if anyone else here has gone through this?
Thanks in advance.
J

Comments

• Fearless_Moderator
    Options
    @IamJay I'm so very sorry to hear of the challenges you've faced and what lies ahead for you.  I have no relatable experience or know of any others on this site who can help unfortunately,

As you mention, you are not an ovarian cancer survivor and so this site is really not ideal for you. However, I will leave your discussion topic up in case any of our gals have had that surgery and can provide some insights. 

Otherwise, if you haven't already, I suggest you register on Cancerconnection, the Canadian Cancer Society equivalent to OVdialogue. cancerconnection.ca  I would expect more of their members to have common experience to your situation.  While their site is multipurpose, you can select inclusion in specific cancer categories to ensure you are reaching the most likely members.  

Good luck. I wish you strength and continuing courage in your journey.  <3