Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

OUR HOLIDAY GREETINGS HOME.....leave your holiday & new years' messages & reflections here

I thought to create this thread for any of us wishing to share a holiday greeting or new years' message to the members of our community, our caregivers  and the staff at OCC.

To begin this thread, I've copied and pasted a lovely and thoughtful message from @KarenBemi that she shared with our live chat group this past Thursday.  

" For those still doing treatments...I wish you nothing but successful, pain and side-effect free treatments
For those who do not get to spend the holiday's with your loved ones...I wish you peace and happiness through the holiday's in however you are able to spend them.
To those who live in fear, I wish I could take that fear away so you will have less weight on your shoulders
To those that are doing well this holiday season, I wish you continued happiness and love.

To all of us ladies, I wish us all peace, love and hope this year.  2020 has not been good but...it could have been worse for people like us.  So, I will take the holiday to reflect on how lucky I am to be able to live my life (as restricted as it is) to the fullest and that I am able to be here in this group to listen to everyone and maybe help a little.

So...If I don't chat with you next week...Happy Holidays to you all. " 
KarenBemi

Comments

• Thanks @Fearless - Vol Mod ... Happy Holiday's all.
    (since I don't think I can write a nicer message than that one I already wrote...lol)

• What a beautiful note to all.  I could not have said this any better. X
  • Thank you Karen for your heart warming message!  Wishing everyone a safe and peaceful holiday!!!
  • Fearless_Moderator
    Fearless_Moderator Moderator
    edited December 2020

To our community who so effortlessly band together to support each other, and to the staff at OCC and their commitment to enabling us to live longer and better lives, 

Wishing you a magical holiday season and a new year filled with hope, healing, and lots of laughter.

Craigslist post for free artificial tree leads couple to give away hundreds  of Christmas trees  The Denver Post

• As the clock turns to 12:01am tonight, I will be most grateful to be able to ring in one more new year since I was diagnosed.  I make no resolutions anymore....I will just commit to continuing my focus on these words that have carried me through the past four years and will carry me through many more to come:

Hope
    Love
    Laugh
    Patience
    Perspective
    Resilience

To all of you HAPPY NEW YEAR.  If 2020 has taught us anything, it's that we are all stronger than we often think we are,  the power of being dynamic and creative and adaptable when things don't go our way and what a "bitchin'" community we have built here. 

Together let's make 2021 the best it can be.  
    New Years Eve celebrations and fireworks around the world  in pictures   World news  The Guardian
  • Beautiful message Karen,thank you!Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday and may 2021 be a better one for all of us.
  • @Fearless - Vol Mod... I love your words.
This discussion has been closed.