Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

ROBOTIC ASSISTED GYNECOLOGICAL SURGERY - Rescheduled to January 29, 2021

Options
Fearless_Moderator
Fearless_Moderator Moderator
edited October 2020 in Events
Currently the da Vinci robot is used across 5 provinces in Canada to treat gynecological cancers in a minimally invasive way.  Some of you may have had your surgery for OVC using the robot. I know I did back in 2017 through the  Princess Margaret Cancer Center in Toronto.

The distributer, Minogue Medical, is looking to increase patient awareness about the surgical treatment options available in Canada through a patient information webinar that will explain what Robotic Assisted Surgery is, its use in gynecology, the benefits of robotic assisted surgery and the differences between it and open and laparoscopic surgery. The presentation, on the Zoom platform, will be 1 hour and  include a patients' story and time for questions.

For most, if not all of you, this comes after-the-fact since you've had your surgery already.  But some may find the topic of interest and please feel free to forward the registration information to anyone you know who may be, just now, entering into a surgical need and weighing options available.  

To register, click on this link:
 https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/what-is-surgical-robotics-and-how-does-it-benefit-hysterectomy-patients-tickets-118685281873?aff=occ

Comments

• Fearless_Moderator
    Options
    I have just been advised that this webinar has been rescheduled to:
    Thursday, 28 January 2021 from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM (EST)

If you registered, you will be advised by email and your registration automatically carried forward to the new date.