Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Follow up Protocol

Options
2»

Comments

• Strongwoman
    Options
    @dorisirene
      I understand those feelings and reasoning.  Why not ask if every 6 months will work and it will give you something tangible and is reasonable as far as medicine is concerned.  That is unless thing change like symptoms etc that would necessitate one sooner.  Discuss it with your Oncologist and see what they say.
  • My care team is at the Tom Baker Centre in Alberta. I too was shocked to find out that my only monitoring is physical exams and symptoms. I was declared NED in January 2021. At my second follow up appointment in August 2021 my physical exam found nothing but I was having twinges in my lower left abdomen and rectum. CT scan showed no sign of disease. I then had an MRI which found me in a recurrence. Luckily, I was just declared NED again yesterday. I am now searching for a private company that I can pay to have my CA125 monitored but haven’t found a place in Alberta. 
  • I am happy to report that my Oncologist had no problems with ordering a CT scan when I requested one at my most recent appointment. 
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @dorisirene
      That is good news that you are happy with your most recent visit and its outcome.
    I think, there is no harm in asking, the worst they can say is no. From there if they say no, ask them to explain why not.