Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Community Champion. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).
Ovarian Cancer Canada is thrilled to share that we have some exciting updates on the way for OVdialogue. These enhancements are designed to strengthen our community and make your experience even better.

Stay tuned for more details, and feel free to share your thoughts below. Let’s make this community even stronger!

TEAL THURSDAYS - Sign in and CLICK HERE TO ENTER LIVE DAYTIME ONLINE CHAT (1pm EST)

1224225226227228230»

Comments

• Hi @Alwayslearning yes, I was supposed to get my results today but... The receptionist called early this morning and said she was giving me an appointment for Friday. I explained that I had an appointment for 11am.… To which she said the dr has to perform surgery etc etc. I asked her if the can message the dr and ask if it is okay for me to wait until Friday for my results . She then almost sarcastically Friday is only 3 days away. I told her that when you are awaiting results about cancer 3 days is not 3 days. Sigh. She was silent.

I then left a message with the nurse at the clinic. In the past she has given me results. But, it's not the same person on the answering machine, so perhaps she's not there anymore.

So I wait till Friday.

• @melissa Geez you really can’t catch a break when it comes to getting your results! Sending you strength and positive vibes.

• Alwayslearning
    Alwayslearning Community Champion

Hi @melissa. I'm so sorry that your appointment was changed and the treatment from the receptionist. I'm hoping your comment and her silence resulted in a minor attitude adjustment for her. I understand that everyone can have a bad day however that's really no excuse for her comment, especially in her line of work.

Regardless, I'm sure you will give the doctor some feedback regarding patient courtesy. Not because he had to go into surgery, that happens, rather for how his staff member spoke to you.

Hopefully you will hear from the clinic nurse. 🤞 Similar to @JoanEG I'm sending positive vibes from the 'no news is good news' camp.

• @JoanEG I know right? I always always forget to ask my dr when I'm sitting in front of her. What her practice is, does she review scans daily, does she always let patients know asap if the scan shows something. Never remember when I'm with her. Been down this road too many times lol. She did say they get the reports within 48hrs, she said that last year. @Alwayslearning I'm leaning towards that camp too. No news is good news. Fingers crossed

• In happier news,

This is my sweet little addition to the family

• @melissa oh my goodness what a lovely addition to the family!

• Adorable and what did we name the new addition @melissa

• Hello! Any ladies out there today and want to chat?

• Alwayslearning
    Alwayslearning Community Champion

Hello all,
    After 10 months from diagnosis (HGS, stage IIIC), major debulking surgery, six chemos and finally 2.5 months of Lynparza (with recent CA125 of 13 and much improved white & red blood counts), I’m headed to Aruba. Time for some positive healing and vibes. Will be sending good thoughts back at y’all!

• Hi @Alwayslearning , have a wonderful trip! I imagine you found some travel insurance?

• @Alwayslearning Aruba sounds terrific! I can just picture the beaches. You deserve it. I did the same thing. As soon as I was stable to go I went to Florida and stayed 5 weeks. Can't wait to go back. I'd love to see some pics when you return

: )

• Good afternoon everyone. @Alwayslearning have a fabulous trip and I can’t wait to see some photos!