Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Community Champion. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

TEAL THURSDAYS - Sign in and CLICK HERE TO ENTER LIVE DAYTIME ONLINE CHAT (1pm EST)

Comments

• @babs272 Sending you love, support, strength and hope. We all are here on the same boat. Wish there’s a fully funded & highly trained professional staffed nursing home for all stage 4 sisters. Praying for your health 💕

• @babs272 you are in my prayers 🙏❤️

• @babs272
    Sorry to hear you are going thru this. We are here for you!
    I am near the end of my standard of care options - currently in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial and waiting to see if the drug is working or not.
    Thank you for sharing what you are going through. I have often wondered specifically about that and feel, I’m not sure prepared is the right word, but now know what to expect.
    Sending strength and hugs your way 🩵.

• @Strongwoman
    Enjoy the play, your day trip and the time at your parents!

• Hello @babs272, so sorry to hear about your recent experiences and situation. You have certainly come to the right place to vent, hear about the experiences of others and hopefully feel a little better after.

I have clear cell ovarian cancer as well as metastatic breast cancer. I wake up every day with many questions: Is this it? How much longer? But then I take comfort in knowing that even if I’m not strong enough today - I certainly was, all along this journey, to get to this point. Now, I hope for the best, and remain grateful for the love, companionship, advice and warmth from family, friends, and yes, this group!

Wishing you all the best and do reach out to any or all of us whenever you can.

• Hello, all

This is my first time in this chat. I'm at home on an old computer. Would you let me know if you can read this?

• Hi @FrogProf
    Welcome to your first Teal Thursday! We can read your post!

• Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator

Hello Everyone! I ended up not going to the play today because the cast has CoVid! Can you believe it? I thought my friend was joking with me when she told me. Incredible that this is still going on now. Not that I thought it left but for it to affect a whole production is something. So, we wait and will exchange tickets for something else down the road.

Where is everyone at today? Welcome @FrogProf to your first Teal Thursday. What have you to say today?

• OK, got it! I'm still working on navigating this site.

Looks like there's a lot going on out there… I wish everyone health and strength.

• How awful about the play cancellation! We're not really done with COVID, are we? 🤕

• Good afternoon ladies

Some of you may remember that I have been waiting for my scan results ( scan was June 3 ) and I am still waiting. Monday makes it 4 WEEKS so, yesterday I emailed my onc, she replies about 50% of the time and hasn't as of yet. So. Today I emailed the head of the dept hopefully he will. If not I will call that nurse tomorrow. Till then I'm going to read a bit and might go out to eat with a friend then hit the gym. @Tanja you mentioned you were having surgery today, best of luck!

• Waiting for results is so hard. Are you fortunate enough to have a Cancer Patient Navigator where you are? Sometimes they can call on your behalf, if you and they are comfortable doing so.

• @melissa which hospital you’re going? It needs a fix for sure. So many issues are there in our health care system:(

• @clearcell3 I am in Montreal at the Jewish General hospital. I have no complaints about the surgery and treatment I received. It's just the coordination of scans and follow up appointment is not good. I haven't heard of a patient navigator, I'm a healthcare professional so I know how to speak and get what I need ( most of the time) it's just I have significant scan anxiety and I think it gets in my way. I think I've been more fearful with this scan as it is the one that will determine if I am platinum sensitive or not.

• Good morning from the west coast. @FrogProf welcome to your first Teal Thursday! @Strongwoman how disappointing that the play was cancelled but thank goodness or it could have been a super spreader event! @melissa I’m sorry that you are having such a ridiculously hard time just getting your scan results! I hope you get some action soon!

Today is a frenzy of house cleaning for me. I have my daughter & son in law arriving from Saskatoon on Saturday and then my grandson and his partner arrive on July 3rd. Lots of happy things going on through July. My oldest granddaughter is getting married July 6th, it is my son’s birthday that day also, my daughter’s birthday is July 9th and my youngest granddaughter is expecting a baby July 21st. It will be a busy month!

• @JoanEG sounds like you will have a busy but happy month! My brother in law is coming down for a few days next week but he is leaving me his 2 dogs ( I adore them ) while he travels to Greece for a few weeks. I told myself I don't care what my scans say I'm doggy sitting lol

I just called the secretary twice to try and get her to send a message to my doc but if course nobody answered the phone and the answering machine is full. Sigh.

• @melissa, that's frustrating. I've found that sometimes I don't get a call back if I haven't left exactly the information that the voice mail service wants. It can be really hard to hear that the answering machine is full. Some advice I got early on was to be persistent. I hope you get some news—good news—soon!

• @melissa doggy sitting will be a great distraction and joy! As for the lack of communication, ugh! 😡

• @JoanEG you know what it is? When Ive gotten good results in the past I just feel so happy that all other questions escape my brain lol and I forget to ask.

• @JoanEG my goodness, that is a lot happening for you in July! A lot of work to prepare but I'm guessing a lot of family fun to come as well!

@melissa keep advocating for yourself! It's a difficult task yet so important. I hope you hear back soon.

• @melissa I can relate to forgetting to ask questions. Sometimes even when I write them down and have them in front of me, I forget!

• Strongwoman
    Strongwoman Moderator

@melissa I hope you have luck soon in getting through. What happens also is as we think this is an "event" and everyone should be responding, as we don't get answers our anxiety rises. So does the persistence that we are at currently. Meaning, no answer=no action=anxiety=persistence=anxiety=no answer=anxiety Something like that. I get it and it is extremely frustrating when all you want is answers and to be answered. So tough. I think dog sitting will be a great distraction for you as well,

@JoanEG My girl, you have a lot going on in July. Remember to take care of yourself in there too, What all great memorable moments though that you will get with your family. It will make the month go by fast that is for sure!

Thanks for filling in @FrogProf glad you could do it.

• Hurray, @melissa ! I'm happy for your good news. I'm signing off now. Take care, all.

• @FrogProf
    Welcome to the chat!!
    @Strongwoman
    Sorry to hear you didn’t make it to the play. I keep hearing a bit about Covid. So, we still have to be careful!! Have fun in Collingwood tomorrow.
    @melissa
    What don’t these Drs understand about scanxiety! I wish they had to experience even half the things we do…even just the WAITING for everything (appointments, scans, blood draws, results…). So glad your results are good!! Doggy sitting sounds wooferful 🐾.
    @JoanEG
    Oh boy…so many happy and exciting things to celebrate. Enjoy to the fullest.

• yay! @melissa !!!
    Covid is going around again. I just recovered from it!

Wishing everyone a wonderful long weekend ❤️

• @melissa it’s great that your results are good. Now you should relax. My oxygen level is going down & having lots of pain in upper abdomen

• @clearcell3 I'm sorry you're in pain right now. How do you know your oxygen level is decreasing? Are you in hospital? Or do you have a finger oxygen sensor? How low is it?

• @melissa yay! Glad you got those results and extra yay that they are good!

Have a happy Canada Day everyone! 🇨🇦