Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

TEAL THURSDAYS - Sign in and CLICK HERE TO ENTER LIVE DAYTIME ONLINE CHAT (1pm EST)

Options

Comments

• Eileen
    Options
    Hi everyone! I haven't bern on here in a bit. Dealing with alot right now. First of i like to annouce with great joy. I won my RTB case!!!. The decision just came in. Apparently in bc the landlord under section 49 states that" at the time given the notice,
    Has a reversionary interest in the rental unit exceeding 3 yrs. Which means that section 49 limits the circumstances in which landlords may take back possession of the residential property. The definition specifies that the individual landlord has a reversionary interest in the rental unit exceeding 3 yrs. Well this landlord only bought the property in 2021. So it means. Their reversionary interest has existed for 2 yrs. So. On that note they find that the landlord have not proven that they have a reversionary interest in the rental unit exceeding 3 yrs. And my 2 month notice was cancelled and i can continue to live here. I am so happy. I think i now can stop worrying about. On other hand i live in kelowna bc. The fire here was so devastating
     They still are announcing its still out of control but now are finally allowing people back in their homes slowly.  It was horrific the first night to watch from my front room window the whole mountain just go up in flames. Then for a whole week thick smoke burning embers everywhere. I myself just days before this fire broke out, myself and my daughter who lives up here had a close call too where just 10 min up the road on her street a fire broke out in the dougall rd area just doors down from my daughter around mission creek. She had to rush home from work crab her animals and go back to work on the westside. But tg they got that one under control quickly and had it out in a day.
    For myself update. My last ct showed mostly stable with a marginal growth in my largest tumor. It went from 8 back up to 12mm. I was starting to have quite a bit of delays since april so my oncologist, i found out my  last chemo. Which i am on cycle 10 now of gemcitabine. She lowered again my dose to 600. Which is why ive been able to get my fully 3 week chemo. Just lately, i got sick had stomach craps and now noticing stomach craps above my pelvic area for ladt 5 days. Tylenol helps.  No constapation. On and off seems like bowels but im going to the bathroom ok just coming out pencil size so makes me wonder ok do i have something causing this now. I'll ph and talk to nurse first thing mon morning but in meantime if it gets worse in the hospital i will go to get it checked out. I do have my sept 1 ct scan coming up. On other hand found small lump on my dogs upper leg so had to get that checked out. Plus her teeth need major cleaning. She refuses to let me clean them. So my little dog is scheduled to go in to get that done plus the little lump removed. Vet seems to think its a gland that is swollen but will remove it while she under. Thats all i need my companion who has been such rock for me to get sick. If anything happens to her id lose it. My vet is going to allow me to do monthly payments of what i can afford as she knows im on pwd and of course they dont pay for much. I had to sell my rv to get extra money. But i sold it to my son who started up an rental rv business. I know he has his own rv and looks after his quite well. He's already put in 2000 in mine and did some work in it. He figures it will take him about 2 yrs before he sees real profit from it. He now has 2 rv plus his own now. So far its doing good. Im happy for him. My youngest daughter working in westbank with a vet they had to shut down due to the fires but she is still getting full paid while their off until next week. All the animals were safely sent to other vets in kelowna.
  • Eileen, What a lot for you to be dealing with. My heart goes out to you. I hope everything turns out well for you, that your little dog gets better, your lumps get smaller, and all those fires go out. I will be thinking of you over here on Gabriola, sending you peaceful thoughts from the ocean.
  • GloHo
    Options
    @Eileen

Wow! Great news on your win! That's a load off!

Sounds like your son has found his niche and is quite enjoying it!

I hear you about bowel issues. Every time I have a sensation, there are several questions that go through my mind...is it the cancer progressing? is it the cancer going away? is it my bowels? is it my liver? My drugs seem to be causing some consitipation and I have been taking Senokot as needed for some relief. I usually do not let it go too long, a couple of days usually. But I am finding that my bowels may be slowing down a bit. Since this is a new treatment, with two drugs with similar side effects (double whammy), I am still trying to figure out if it's drug related or if my system is getting out of whack. Who would have thought our bowel activity would play such a big role in our journey!! 

Sorry to hear about your puppy's issues. One of my dogs was notorious for getting lumps all over her body. I would take her to the vet and they would do a needle aspiration and have the fluid checked. They all turned out to be non-cancerous! She did have one lump in her neck that was pretty large and we had to have that one removed just because of its size and location. 

Wishing you the best for your scan tomorrow.
  • GloHo
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just thought I'd check in...pretty quiet in chat today! Egad! August 31 already! 

I am busy with preparations for my family coming to visit this weekend. 6 adults and 1 child (including my husband and I). Since I have been doing things with my energy conservation in mind, getting things done around the house takes time. Plus we have some running around to grocery stores, beer store, etc., still to do. It sounds like it is going to be a fabulous weekend and definitely pool weather. So...this will be our last dip of the season. I'm not sure when I'll see them again. It will depend on my schedule.

I have been trying to better balance my disease-life activities. I just realized that I really haven't been doing any forward planning, so nothing to look forward to! We sometimes take day trips, but I am a planner and I enjoy looking for things to do. So, we recently went to a community production of Rock of Ages...that was fun. A day trip with some sightseeing along the Lake Huron coast prior to the show. I have also booked a musical tribute for October and we are going to the states to watch our local hockey team play a team across the border. It's an area we have visited before and there are quite a few things we want to do while there, so we are staying for a couple of nights. My "boys" (including hubby) are going to a football game in the states in November. I am looking forward to some alone time. As for a real vacation, every time I thought of a destination, there was some catastrophe...floods, fires, hurricanes!! So, I decided to book some of these little destinations over the next few months and am looking forward to researching and booking a vacation for the spring. I aslo have to explore travel health insurance, so that may take some time to figure out as well. 

That's it for now. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weather. 
  • Taita
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone. It has been a bit emotional this week. I feel amazing but my CA125 went from 900 to 1400 just before my fourth cycle of Gem. I did have active Covid at the time so hoping that is a contributing factor. 

Having said that we are taking our family to Toronto for the long weekend in early celebration of our 50th Anniversary on September 8th and our oldest daughter turns 44 on the 9th. 

Still hoping we get some nice warm weather in September so summer get extended a bit. 

Love reading the updates from everyone. @Gl@GloHo have a great weekend with your family! Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend! 
  • GloHo
    Options
    @Taita

CONGRATULATIONS on 50 years!! A lot to celebrate. Sounds like a lot of fun times with family. 

I think CA125 can increase with Covid - especially since you were active. I had a blip in my CA125 one year after a flu shot. 

Weather forecast is looking good for the next week…you should get your wish for an extended summer. It’s probably the longest run of warm weather we’ve had since summer began!! 

Have a great time in TO. 
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @Eileen Congrats on your win! I am super happy for you and know you must feel a huge sense of relief. We are neck deep in it currently and is taking a toll on my mental and physical health. Our Landlords and their paralegal do NOT believe I am ill and question my Oncoligiats letter constantly. It is difficult to get people to understand that because I look "normal" on the outside doesn't mean I don't have a battle raging inside. This coming week I feel will be brutal as the LL will get the letter of all the upgrades we have done and the cost it they want them to stay. We are both expecting retaliation. No matter what we do, they come back with outlandish claims against us. It is difficult taking the high road when low balls keep being thrown. I thank m6 lucky stars above every day for my gf who is helping us through this and adds to our journey with things we haven't thought of.
    I wish it to end soon so it does not keep taking up space in our lives.
     I am usually around when the chat is going on Thursdays but have been to the market in the morning and am washing up my haul for the fridge. It all exhausts me but i love loading up my wagon and finding the things we like. The mushroom man there is bringing in for me this week, turkey tail mushrooms.  I am looking forward to learning how to dry them and making rhwm into a tea and tincture. They are to work well with chemo and produce results so will see. With no options left for me, it is worth a go.  I will post anything I find including taste etc
      @Taita Sounds like you will have a wonderful week here when you travel for the ballgame. CONGRATS on your 50th! Will we see you on the jumbotron?  Sounds like a lovely time away.
      Hubby and I are going to the Sault Ste Marie and St. Joseph Island for the Thanksgiving weekend. Will be a long drive but scenery should be beautiful.
      @GloHo Look at you go with the planning! On top of the Journaling and journey of Artistry 7.  You are am amazing woman and I can feel your energy.  Hope this weekend is all that you want it to be and more. Enjoy!
    Take care ladies and enjoy the weekend
  • mjmck21
    mjmck21 Legacy
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hi apologies I had a question about survival rates here but discovered quickly that I was incorrect in my assumption. Unable to delete the post so I deleted the comment and added this. Do not want to spread incorrect  info. 
    While I am here I'll let you know I have not been able to attend Thursdays during the summer but that will change in a couple of weeks. 
    Take care, 
  • Eileen
    Options
    @Taita congrats on 50th anniversary wow!!
    As for me i just got in my New CT results through my online health portal today. Looks like the ascities have resolved. My tumors are stable. But they found something new a nonspecific left lingular pulmonary nodule on my lung 3mm. Been doing some reading on cancer site and other sites it says it could be from numerous things not necessarily cancer. Most sites says anything smaller than 6mm they just watch. Well that going to be my main topic at my oncologist meeting coming next week. Been having some issues shoulder back pain almost non stop will be reasking about that.
    On the other hand, my dog miya dental and lump removal went well. She only had 2 teeth this time removed and poor girl had a bit of a rough night last night but is finally sleeping tg. As for me no sleep last night.
    The vet told me the lump they removed didnt look worrisome when they removed it they suspect maybe just a fat tissue. I hope so!!!

@Strongwoman i hear u in saying yeah they don't believe we don't have cancer. My landlords live just across from me down driveway. So they do see me go for my treatments and that I'm home non stop cause i don't work. Plus previous landlord told them i got cancer. We have 3 houses on this 10 acre property. It is an orchard.

Go after 1 of the other houses. But no... This was the 2nd eviction i had to deal with. The first was last yr. They tried to say oh 3rd landlord going to move in my house. I live in a ranch style 2 bdrm, 2 and half bath plus den.  1240 sq feet. Arbitrator last yr in 2022, when i had my first 2 month eviction notice couldn't believe that these landlords were heartless. And said so as much to them. Turned out in my favor cause the 3rd landlord only owned 1 percent of the property. Ha. So thats how i won my case last yr. But this yr oh now landlady father going to move in here ya right sure he is. 
     I wasn't too sure about this arbitrator though. But now that i won my case a second time.
    Both my councillor and i suspect the landlords will try again next yr. So both my social worker and councillor is trying to get the low income housing authority, that i filled in my application last yr to them, to get my name on the list as top priority. Cause those places takes yrs to get in.
    Other than that not doing much been too hot to go outside and with the smoke. But last few days better in temp cleared up and ive been able to sit outside each day for a bit
     But today smells a bit smoky. With them still attending to the westbank fire their doing some control burns as well to establish good ground. And to burn any excess fuel in case the fire backtracks.
     Just doing some reading. Did a bit housework yesterday felt good.
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    GOOD THURSDAY AFTERNOON LADIES! 
    Welcome to today, Thurs Sept 14th chat. My how time has flown and fall is peeking around the corner.
    Today we will pause and reflect on the life of our Fearless, perhaps talk a bit about grief and how we may feel about it or what we go through, how you are all doing and anything else you would like to discuss.  
    SO COME ON MY TEAL SISTERS-----LET'S CHAT!
    Welcome to whomever is able to join in and whomever catches up afterwards.  For those out west, I hope the fires are dimming, that everyone is safe and you are on the recovery side of things.

I would like to take a moment now and discuss Fearless and some thoughts I had.  Like some, both herself and Tough as Teal were some of the first points of contact I had on this site.  Similar to what @mjmck21 wrote about Fearless, a Teal Sister's passing can have a profound effect on each and everyone of us. A lot of it is based on connections and how you relate to their passing which can bring forward strong emotions and are part of the grieving process. 
    Our Fearless picked that name for herself and what a name it is.  I did a little digging last night and found these descriptions of fearless as a word.
    "Being fearless doesn’t mean having no fear at all. Rather, it means not allowing your fears to get the best of you. When you’re fearless, your fears don’t hold you back. You act, despite being afraid. You push through the fear, motivated by something you believe is more important than the fear."
    This is the source of the quote https://design.org/the-power-of-being-fearless-and-unattached/#:~:text=Being fearless doesn't mean,more important than the fear
    https://www.linkedin.com/posts/rwwilliams_what-does-it-mean-to-be-fearless-to-activity-7096831535424688128-
    "Instead, it's about acknowledging fear, understanding its origins, and choosing to move forward with courage and determination. It's a quality that can be cultivated and developed over time through self-reflection, self-compassion, and a commitment to personal growth."
    And this source https://www.linkedin.com/posts/rwwilliams_what-does-it-mean-to-be-fearless-to-activity-7096831535424688128-AMju#:~:text=Instead, it's about acknowledging fear,a commitment to personal growth
    I will say this, Fearless lived up to both of those descriptions. I found that despite what was going on with her, she pushed through and wasn't going to let this disease get the better of her. Even after her renal failure incident, she was upbeat and positive about being home and thankful it was over. I also feel that the second phrase was her to a "T".  As we all go through the process our resolves change, they ebb and flow before we get to a stage where Fearless was at; a stage where she found ways to laugh, remind many of us that she went through similar stages and to find your "tutu and dance". That was our Fearless, full of personal experience, determination, which helped make this forum a reality. She helped foster its growth and was a pivotal part of each and everyone one of us being here today on this forum.  Full of knowledge and info, laughter, blowing off steam (throwing her dishes in her lake), dancing with her tutu on and supporting all of us along the way. She will be missed and irreplaceable.  The best we can do as a group is:  band together, help one another and foster OV Dialogue along so that ourselves and others will have a safe place to come to; to vent, poor our souls out and assist each other along this journey we have in front of us.  If anyone has any memories or thoughts they want to share about Fearless, go ahead as it is through this that we will find our way to grieve her absence and bond in a different way.

On the subject of Grief, this is a good place to reflect on it. We are not only grieving the loss of our Fearless but for some of us (on another spectrum due to course of disease) Anticipatory Grief can be experienced daily and  may consume us. 
    These quotes below are from a books I have read:
    "Grief doesn't come from nowhere, an intrusion into the natural order of things. It is the natural order of things. Grief is a recognition of how it is and how it must be, how it can be if we stay our hand long enough to let it be so.  Grief: A sign of life stirring towards itself"  (Die Wise by Stephen Jenkinson)
    "Grief also often touches the one who is dying, who can mourn in anticipation of death and the loss of life as a whole. Caregivers, too are often saddened by the loss of freedom and options of those who are ill, and the knowledge that death will rob them of a precious relationship. Then there is the taste of grief, embedded in our culture, which is conditioned to possess and not to let go."  (Being with Dying by Joan Halifax)
    My final quote for today:
    "Life is eternal; and love is immortal; and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit if our sight." --Rossite Worthington Raymond 1840-1918
    I found this quote in this book: Final Gifts by Maggie Callanan and Patricia Kelley

So we grieve, for those that have passed before us, those that are close to death and for those that sit in this anticipatory grief until it changes to the inevitable.  How do you choose to get through it? Do you learn anything from it?  One can learn about different ways to leave your Legacy behind. This also helps us process our own grief and to rejoice in the process of making things for those you love with intention and purpose. It is a way to get through the day and not dwell on how we are feeling or what outcomes may be.  It is a chance to leave that bit of you to live on forever in the hearts and souls of those you love so that memories of you stay immortal.  If you are unable to do this on your own, ask for help.  I am sure some family members or friends would gladly assist you with this.

• Strongwoman
    Options
    Well, Ladies, for those who would like to take a moment to share on either of those topics, go ahead. Share away!
    For those that would like to provide updates, state of how you are feeling as a whole or anything else you would like to share.....the floor is yours. Go ahead.....we are all here for you.
  • Eileen
    Options
    Oh no i didn not know @Fearless_Moderator passed away. I will miss her upbeat cheerfulness. She was a inspiration to us all. I will miss her. My prayers and condolences goes out to her family.
    I cannot stay long headed in for a oncologist appointment to discuss my latest ct results and find out where we go from here. I guess thats been crossing my mind too, cancer progression and death etc. Its really hard to accept that in the end this cancer will win. Right now things are stable but then that 3mm they found on my lung has got me upset.. So will hopefully get the answers i need today. 
     But i am going to fight as long as i can and as hard as i can.

• Strongwoman
    Options
    @Eileen My thoughts will be with you today at your appt. Feel free to share when you are ready.
      Cancer progression etc is a tough one. Be kind to yourself and I am hoping you get outcomes you want.

I am trying turkey tail mushrooms as there are no treatment options left for me. I have discussed it with my Oncologist. Just back from the market and the lovely mushroom man picked them just for me and gave me the lot for $20.  I feel so blessed and his picking more for me for next week too.
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    This is my favorite time of year at the market. End of harvest for some things and others like squash, potatoes, Brussel sprouts, parsnips, carrots etc  come in!
    The beautiful fall flowers, fresher air (hope those in BC are getting some) and windows open.  The colours of the trees are yet to come.
  • Eileen
    Options
    Yes i heard about the mushrooms. My son actually gave me some gummies that are from a few mushrooms. I am hoping i cam atay on the gem. The other member of my oncologist team told me i could stay on it indefinitely. But i said oh i was told by my oncologist only 3 more cycles and thats 10 cycles which this is my 10th cycle. He said oh ill have to talk to my oncologist . so 1 dr says something diff than another. Mmm ill ask about that too today.
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @Eileen That must be so frustrating!  Sounds like you mean business and are out for answers. I hope you get them.
  • mjmck21
    mjmck21 Legacy
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Hi everyone, I wrote a few lines on the announcement thread about Fearless. I feel a certain amount of devastation. In addition to I think she was the longest lived (7 years) she was instrumental in helping us navigate our disease. Her comments on CA125 alone were so helpful to me. I have such high numbers, knowing its all relative and that you can live with high numbers has helped me lived better and not focus on what I cannot control anyway. There are so many other  examples of where I would have gone off the rails without her calm evidence led advice.
  • Taita
    Options
    @Strongwoman
    Thank you for your very poignant words about Fearless. She truly was a force to be reconned with. We connected offline as we had a few mutual acquaintances and as it turns out and we lived close. She too was really my first point of contact with this group. Her loss will be felt by so many.  We are grieving and we see ourselves in her journey.  My best remembrance of Kathi will be her spirit and her determination, and the example she set for all of us to live our best life.  <3
  • Bobby
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I also did not know about Fearless. Makes me so sad as she gave me advice behind the scenes.  I am gutted.
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @mjmck21 @Taita  All true.  You gals with HGSC do have high numbers compared to us with LGSC.  I can see how it would be alarming and having Kathi's sage advice about it would calm a person down for sure.  I would say the same about chemo and starting it.  She made me feel calmer about it as well.  It's hard to read your words saying "longest lived (7 years)".  Those are tough thoughts for all of us.  
    It is true as well that we can't control a lot of this disease. We can curb our thoughts to bring more light toi our day, a skip in our step or a song in our hearts.
    That is so wonderful that you were able to spend some time with her. It really would have been quite a thing to talk to her like that and see all what she has done in life prior to cancer.  
    As you both grieve Fearless, it is what it was like for me when Tough as Teal passed.  I was able to see her before she went and I felt the same as you Taita.  Grieving and seeing ourselves in the same journey. 
    How are you both doing otherwise?
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @Bobby  It would be "gutting" to see this for the first time.  Loss for words as one processes what transpired.  A reminder to live every day to the best that you can.
  • Taita
    Options
    @Eileen good luck with your appointment its always a stressful time.  I am curious about your comment about Gem.  My CA125 has been rising, but my ascites is under control now and I feel great. CT on the 29th will tell the tale. I too hope that if it is working I can stay on it for a LONG time :).  I was on a Taxol/Avastin for over a year and so I have hope. 

I am on the BioDiva study at Princess Margaret that tracks changes in markers. I have asked for an updated panel as it has been over a year and I have also asked for a new genetic panel as it has been three years. As I understand it, time, treatment and various other factors can change the make up of tumours and perhaps indicate something that could be targeted by a specific treatment. If the Gem isn't working I don't know what my next option may be. Topecan? (Don't know much about it) or possibly nothing which I am not ready for. So I see the proactive approach to be the path I take and I am also exploring off label drugs and possibly going to the US to get Keytruda. None of these in the end may be options, but as we all know, we can't leave anything on the table.

In the meantime, I feel absolutely amazing and am enjoying every minute of it!!!!!

Thank you @Strongwoman for taking the lead on the weekly chat. Truly is appreciated.

• Strongwoman
    Options
    @Eileen Do you have something similar near you? (BioDiva study)  
    @Taita I hope you can stay on it a long time as well.  Is this a drug that is commonly used in long stretches for HGSC?  For us it is Letrozole (LGSC) us gals.

Glad you are enjoying life as you know it. It is a nice feeling where there are good days after good days.
    I think I am on the last of my painting Legacy projects. I have to wrap now and write notes to see where I am at.  Then find a place to store them....hmm....maybe a friends house! ;)
  • Taita
    Options
    @Strongwoman I don't know if Gem is used for long stretches but I hope so!  I was on letrozole during my clinical trial for my breast cancer (not connected to my Ovarian).  Once I started back on chemo, I came off the letrozole. While Letrozole is not fun it does do the job to keep my breast cancer and your LGSO in check! 

This must be a BIG legacy project! That's what friends are for :)
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    Well ladies it is almost that time. If anyone is on after the 2pm mark, I will keep checking as I wash my haul from the market and get it put away.
    Take care all.  
    I will leave you with this as we all grieve our loss of Fearless.

"We may not ever understand why we suffer or be able to control the forces that cause our suffering, but we can have a lot to say about what the suffering does to us, and what sort of people we become because of it.  Pain makes some people bitter and envious.  It makes others sensitive and compassionate.  It is the result, not the cause of pain, that makes some experiences of pain meaningful and others empty and destructive."
      --When Bad Things Happen To Good People by Harold S. Kushner
  • mjmck21
    mjmck21 Legacy
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @Strongwoman thank you I also felt the same way about Tough as Teal although I did not know her personally the way you did. Both Fearless and Tough as Teal helped me behind the scenes. It's such a shock but then its also not a shock. I was thinking about Fearless on the weekend wondering how she was making out. I cried in my husbands arms in both cases. I feel the tears today as well. 
    On a good front I have begun treatment after a summer break and it is going well. We have transferred to Ottawa from Hamilton for a few months at least as my husbands practice is here but more than that I love it here. We live at a uniques spot in the city but on the  Ottawa river and it's a gorgeous place to sail, cycle, walk and an easier to heal between treatments. 
    We both did the Walk of Hope on the weekend and raised over $3000. It felt good to participate and I have so many people support me. Though I had to 'come out' on social media more than I had which has its own challenges for me but glad it is done. OCC has been such a critical support for me as it has for all of you. This forum alone is worth it but their research agenda will make the difference for thousands of Canadians. I'm glad we could do something and I was able to raise awareness among my friends and family. OC is such a misunderstood cancer. 
    Like @taita I'm feeling reasonably well with some minor treatment side effects (taxol/Avastin) but I had a glorious treatment free summer filled with travel, sun, sailing and happiness so grateful for that. Last December I thought I would either not have another summer or be very disabled so glad for all that. 
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @Taita I have been on Letrozole for over a year now.  At first, I really noticed the side effects but now I don't.  We have no idea if it is or isn't working and due to minimal side effects, I stay on it.
    I hope that is true for you about the Gem!
    Yes it is as I am leaving my close family including nieces/nephews and my friends that have helped something as well.  It will be the notes that will be the toughest.  Painting makes my mind stay on the task and not wander to places I don't want it to go. Cathartic and healing at the same time. Even if I don't go anywhere for awhile, it will bring me tremendous peace to know I have it done and ready.
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @mjmck21 How wonderful for you!  To be able to see the light and enjoy the light from all that darkness.  It is a difficult thing to overcome when the information we receive is so heavy and bleak at times.  You also made lasting memories that are so important.
    I must say that yes Tough as Teal hit me more for sure.  I am sad about Kathi and was really concerned after her renal failure that took her to hospital. But yet she came out and spent time at home until she was as my friend says "the angels call you".  In between Tough as Teal and Kathi, I have had about 10 friends pass.  Some hit you harder than others and the grief you feel is different for all.  I don't think any one person can replace Kathi. I think it will take many and many different personalities to accomplish what she has done on this site for so many.  <3
  • I am shocked and so saddened to hear of Kathy’s passing. 

Our amazing Fearless, will be missed by all those who knew her - as our excellent moderator, on this site - and also as a true and helpful guide and caring and compassionate friend.

May she rest in peace 💙

• Eileen
    Options
    Well back at home. Ok so I spoke to my oncologist after we went over my ct results. Even though i had a little bit increase in my ca125 marker. The ct results were good. Stable acsities resolved. We talked about the 3mm on the left lingular lung. She said ovarian cancer normally doesn't spread to the lung. So she she is suspecting it could be ????  She explained it to me but i cannot remember what she said. Brian freeze. I told her ive read it could be from an infection or fungus infection. She said well im not overly concerned right now but we will definitely keep an eye on it on further scans. So ok. 

As for staying on gemcitabine...yes she looked into it and talked to whoever she needed to and their is really no set limit on how much gem cycles. Some patients have gone as 16 cycles. The only thing she found with being on gemcitibine is that it tends to take a toll on your hemoglobin. And u will need blood transfusions she has found with other patients. So my hemoglobin is down to 89 now. So she is going to put in another requisition for me to have another one. Shortly after or before my next chemo. She rather not wait till it drops too low like it did the first time. Abd then i was in hospital. Dr thinking it was sepsis until an oncologist said lets redo u blood work. Only to say no your symptoms are from low blood hemoglobin was at 70 in late june.
    I talked to her about the saftey of getting transfusions and such on regular basis. So she made me feel better after answering my questions. Also being that my kidney functions have decreased as well. Ct shows that my kidneys look all good. So suspecting it was from avastan?? She will lower the dose of that. But i mentioned i hadn't had it in 2 cycles because of high protien. So we redid all my bloodwork today including my urine. They gave me a jug just in case i do have to do a 24 hr urine test. So she will also keep an eye on my kidney function as well as thats 1 of my concerns too even though im drinking 4 500ml bottle water a day.

So at home resting on couch will make my lunch and read a book. Spend my mornings every day outside before it gets too cool weather here is still really warm. Trees have been turning colors here though.