Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

TEAL THURSDAYS - Sign in and CLICK HERE TO ENTER LIVE DAYTIME ONLINE CHAT (1pm EST)

Options

Comments

• ToughAsTeal
    Options
    @Bobby @hope2022 remember, you need to refresh to see updated posts from others.  
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    Hello all. 
    @ToughAsTeal How are you managing? Are you still in hospital or have been allowed to go home?
    @Bobby Welcome to the site! Glad you can join us today.  Anything you would like addressed today?
    @hope2022 I hope you are able to join us today. Let us know if you are on.
    @Tinazzie Curious to see if you are on with us today as well.

• Bobby
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Site seems to have lag?  Not sure if these texts go through filter of some kind.  I have a mtg at 130 so can't stay on long but will read after the fact.

• ToughAsTeal
    Options
    I am still in hospital. No definite discharge date, but I know from past those can happen with little notice. I would prefer to be at home. God bless him, but I am tired of hearing one gent asking for jello and half a banana. They won’t let me walk the corridors alone, as I had an episode of dizziness and chest pain. Ostomies stink. No way around that. 
  • Nothing to address that has not been said before except perhaps how does one adjust thinking to being immunocompromised back to COVID like limits - after a fantastic summer of freedoms?
  • @ToughAsTeal You are a amazing to be joining in when you are in the hospital! @Bobby - sorry to hear you are going through a recurrence. I had a recurrence last year and looks like I may have another one. 
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @ToughAsTeal
    I feel for you.  When I had my surgery last year that was one possible outcome that I wouldn't know about until I woke up.  It was also my greatest fear.  How are you managing?  Are you getting the hang of changing etc?  Finding the right ostomy bag for you?  Are you in any pain?  Most definitely home is a better place to be.  I also hear you on roommates and hearing them on a daily basis.  It is like being with someone you no longer like. ;)
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @hope2022
    How are you doing today?  You were having a tough week earlier.  
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @Bobby
    How are you doing with the recurrence news?  Are you HGSC?
  • ToughAsTeal
    Options
    @bobby strangest thing has been walking into chemo unit with no screening
  • @Strongwoman Better today, thanks. I have a call with my doctor today to find out next steps. My CA125 was up again when I checked yesterday. Feel pretty disappointed right now.
  • April 2020 Stage 2A - clean surgery - first line treatment ended Nov 2020 - thought i had wished it away - no luck.  Shocked that two nodes are enlarged in chest.  got back to treatment as soon as a could as had 18 months with NED - expect same again if not too much to ask...or better yet, goes away
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @ToughAsTeal
    That is weird isn't it. At our hospital, the masks and sanitizer is there on a table now that you just help yourself to.
    I just got back from bloodwork and CT scan.
  • felt great all summer - golf, swimming etc - shocker when i was told
  • yes - no screening weird.  feels like starting all over again as i am creature of habits and something feels off without interview shake down
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @Bobby
      Sending you good healing vibes to make your wanted outcome to ring true when you are finished treatment.
  • @Bobby..Yes I am HGSC, diagnosed in 2018 with stage 3B. Recurrence is tough, but just trying to remain positive. How are you doing with your chemo? What drugs are you on?
  • plus a new dr as original on mat leave - 
  • Have to bounce - Teams time - will catch up next week
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @hope2022
      I am glad to hear that you feel a bit better since earlier this week.  
    The phone call with your doctor will help.  It should be some things at ease for you and you can ask the questions you need to at the time. 
    As for the CA125 level, I am sorry that it has risen for you and it can be quite disappointing to hear the news.
  • @Strongwoman I think so too, will get some questions answered. How are you ?
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @hope2022
      I am tired today but expected that after I did some gardening on Tuesday.  I am anxiously awaiting my CT scan report to be posted so I can print it and start my comparison to my last one.  It is something that makes me feel better when I can see it and then highlight and put down any questions I have.  I am palliative at this time so not much in the report will rattle me. I know how I am feeling and do not expect any shrinkage and more just curious to see if anything has grown or new sites of concern are there. 
  • @Strongwoman Waiting for CT results is so tough. I hope it is good news for you. Seeing things in print I find kind of hard, so good for you that you are able to look and compare. 
  • ToughAsTeal
    Options
    @Strongwoman I do same with my ct scan reports. I go into “that next appointment” with well thought out questions. Most of the time.  Nurse just took me for short walk down corridor and I am pooched. 
    Re scans…. Anyone still experiencing short supply contrast dye?  
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @hope2022
    In the meantime I am doing my kids laundry so that I can hang it out to dry and that there isn't a discussion on who is doing their laundry first on the weekend.
    Going to prep dinner soon. Going to make a ratatouille and pasta tonight.  Get some chicken pot pies in the freezer either today or tomorrow and maybe bake some butter tarts....but my guess is by the way I am feeling......the pies and tarts will be tomorrow morning before it gets too hot.
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @ToughAsTeal
     Actually no mention of that at the hospital yet. They have changed the procedure that you only drink water before you go now and then they still do their injection thing for the scan.  
  • THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 8 and what a crumby host I am; stuck in a ferry line up in a no-service cell zone.  Well, here now...better late than never I hope.

• Strongwoman
    Options
    @ToughAsTeal
      I bet you are pooched.  I remember even short walks would tire me out. Same with getting showered/bathed in the morning....that would be cause for a nap afterwards as well.
  • Strongwoman
    Options
    @Fearless_Moderator
      You said it!  What ferry are you waiting for? Was this a preplanned trip?
  • @Strongwoman
    You sound like not much slows you down! Well, it's a beautiful day here, so time to get out and walk.