Young Survivors

Looking for any teal sisters who were diagnosed in their 20s, 30s or 40s? I was diagnosed at age 31, and I'm always looking to meet other young survivors. Perhaps this can be a space we can swap stories and share our struggles that are unique to us being young survivors. @ssajwani @Caitsmom @Sunflower @Erinosaurus

Comments

• Hi @jiselle16 Thanks for starting this post. I’m
    newly diagnosed at 42 with stage 3C High grade serus. I had surgery on June 10 and did my first chemo treatment on July 9. I’ve got a young boy who is 5 and I’d love to connect with you and other young survivors. 
  • Hi @nadiaC! I am so sorry you are going through this, but all of us here are rooting for you! So glad you found OVdialogue! I found the first chemo treatment so nerve-wracking as I didn't know what to expect. Hope you are doing as well as you can. I don't have any kids (unfortunately cancer took that option away) - but how is your little boy handling all this? As a Mom, that must be so tough at times.
  • Hi @jiselle16 Thank you for writing and for your support. This is a wonderful community of teal sisters. I’m sorry your first chemo was scary. Are you done with your treatments? My son is doing his best. We are lucky to have a family member here helping us, because he’s not at daycare. It’s difficult to recuperate with a high energy 5 yr old at home but he also motivates me a great deal. How are you doing these days? 
  • @nadiaC That's what we are here for - to support each other! I am doing well! I finished chemo treatments in December 2016 and I've been cancer free since then :) I can just imagine how difficult it would be to recuperate with a 5 year old, but so glad that he motivates you. 
  • @jiselle16 that’s great to hear! 💪🏼 😊 I’m on day 8 after my first chemo and overcome by waves of fatigue that cycle daily and hourly. I can’t tell if it’s a chemo side effect or menopause. Just riding the waves...🙃
  • @nadiaC Oh I remember those days! It definitely comes in waves. Sometimes I found it overwhelming, but I just kept telling myself to get through one hour and one day at a time.  <3