Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis ([email protected]).

A reliable diagnostic test on the horizon....

I generally trust the Montreal Gazette for accuracy in its reporting so thought I would share an article that was brought to my attention today.  Exciting news for everyone woman not yet diagnosed with our disease....too late for us but so happy to hear we may be on cusp of something this important to enabling early stage diagnosis.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/grant-will-help-muhc-researchers-move-cancer-test-to-clinical-trial-stage

Comments

• Thank you for sharing this @fearless.  It means our sisters, daughters, granddaughters and so on will likely have a much better chance of beating this disease....this is terrific news!  Hope you're having a great day.
  • Never give up Hope! 9 years ago I was given the dreadful news and that 70% do not live past 5 years. We did not know that a new drug, 5 yrs ago, would be available. So please never give up Hope, stay connected with Teal Sisters and I wish you all of the best!
  • Thank you for sharing this hopeful news-  we all are looking forward to the release of a early detection tool which we can recommend to family and friends. 
  • CountryLiving
    CountryLiving Peer Support Vol
    Thank you for posting. It is so great to know research is happening with ovarian cancer. Look forward to hearing soon about better detections and better treatments.