2020 Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope: The Virtual Edition

MarilynOCCMarilynOCC ✭✭✭

The health and safety of our community is of utmost importance to us. While we continue to monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we are pleased to announce that the 2020 Walk of Hope will go on, and it will be virtual.  

The Walk will certainly look different this year, but the community is focused on achieving our goal to raise much needed funds to further progress against this disease. Walk your way and Walk for her. Invite all your friends because the 2020 Walk has no boundaries, it’s virtual!    

Register today at www.ovariancancerwalkofhope.ca 

Here are some tips to organize your virtual event!

The Ovarian Cancer Canada Walk of Hope is the largest and most powerful event of its kind in the country. It is the only walk in Canada to direct all attention and fundraising towards helping women with ovarian cancer and all women at risk of the disease live fuller, better, longer lives.  

Are you planning to get involved this year?

What has participation in the Walk of Hope meant to you in previous years?

We would love to hear from you!

Comments

• I am excited to see all the creative ways teams and individuals will participate this year... (take lots of photos everyone) there is also lots of time now to plan and the virtual walk is all up to you on how / what you want it to look like. 
    Inspiration is all around...like that Captain Tom Moore https://globalnews.ca/news/6832029/captain-tom-moore-coronavirus-donation/

Do you have walk plans in the works?

Although I will really miss the meet up hugs in person with my team and the fellow support groups and organizers, this is the safest way for us to keep it going during these challenging times. 

• I am excited about a virtual walk this year across Canada since we may have far reaching support and awareness where geographical limitations have maybe been a barrier for Canadians . I as well look forward to how creativity will  show up in the teams and like others will miss being face to face and hug to hug however am so thrilled we are going forward in a new way !