Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Help with Low Grade Serous Carcinoma

Options

Need Help and Wisdom,
I'm calling on all Canadian Low Grade Serous Carcinoma suffers and survivors to give me some insight on your treatment journey. How were you treated after debulking surgery and diagnosed with Low Grade by the doctors/oncologist?

Comments

• LoDM
      Options
      Hello @Cid1,

i have been diagnosed with low grade serous carcinoma 1C and i had a complete hysterectomy last year. My oncologist gave me no treatment because the low grade doesn’t respond well to the chimio. 
      And you? What kind of treatment do you have?

Laurence 
    • Flowergirl
      Options
      Hello @Cid1 and @LoDM... you may also want to type into the search field at the top right Low grade serous to view other's comments on the topic... thank you @resilient1 and @Chezilme for sharing your experiences
    • Monica_M
      Options
      Not sure what kind of help you are looking for.  Originally diagnosed with IIIB low-grade serous carcinoma in 2011.  Underwent surgery followed by chemo, taxol and carboplatin.  In 2016, was diagnosed with recurrent cancer, stage 4.  Was on Letrozole for just over 3.5 years then built up an immunity to the drug.  Just started on Tamoxifen a couple of weeks ago.  Follow up after 3 months to determine if Tamoxifen is keeping the tumours stable.  Is this what you are looking for?
    • I also was diagnosed with IIIb low grade OC in January 2016. I had 2 surgeries in Dec 2016 before the diagnose,  total hysterectomy, all came out (tubes, ovaries) followed by a debulking surgery. At that time, they put me o  Tamoxifen, tried Caelex (chemo) but I had an anaphylaxis reaction,  so they kept me on tamoxifen for almost 3 years. The cancer came back , so in Aug 2019, I had a HIPEC surgery (heated intra-peritineal chemo) that lasted 7 hours. The tamoxifen was stopped.
      When I recovered, I had 6 cycles (every 3 weeks) of Paxi/Carbo, ended Feb 2020. I started on Anastrozole after the chemo. 
      Following more tests, they started me on more chemo,  same drugs, but I had an anaphalctoid reaction to carboplatin on the 2nd cycle, so that was stopped. ( last chemo was in Dec 2020). So they were very aggressive after the cancer came back, but because of my allergic reactions, I do not know what will come next. The last PET/CT shows the cancer is still there,  I should find out more in April about what will come next. 
      I am back on Anastrozole now, hoping for the best!