How is COVID 19 impacting you?

MarilynMarilyn ✭✭✭
edited March 19 in Encouragement and Support
Well - schools, stores and businesses are shutting down.  Even border crossings are being reduced or stopped.  I’m now working from home, as are all staff at Ovarian Cancer Canada, and, I’m prepared to stay indoors (except for short walks outside) for the next while.  We are living in strange and difficult times. At least on OVdialogue we don’t have to worry about social distancing and it gives us the opportunity to still connect socially.
What are the repercussions of COVID 19 that you are facing and how are you coping? Do you have specific challenges?  How are you staying connected with others?
We can be here for each other as we all try to navigate what is happening in our world and it's impact on us.
How are you doing? 
Marilyn

Comments

• Thank you @Marilyn for starting this topic.
    Yes, so grateful for this forum and the current technologies to keep us all linked together while physically apart.
    I'm sure there are many adjustments needing to be made for all of us in order to cope.

Self- isolation program / coping is not new for many of us having dealt with a diagnosis / surgery/ treatment or a compromised immune system at some time. It is getting others to understand that can be a major issue.

For myself, at the start of all of this, my personal challenges were trying to get family and friends to comprehend the seriousness (that I wasn't making this up) and threats to my health. I believe many are now understanding since all of the public health announcements, closures, restrictions, job loses, society and life changes and the stats, etc. are in the news. Everyone must remember: No one is immune. 

I hope you are all managing as well as can be... do you have any coping techniques to share?