Avastin: Maximum 22 Cycles

Has anyone completed all 22 cycles of Avastin? Does it get harder to tolerate the more cycles you receive? At which point did it stop working for you? How long after treatment stopped did the cancer return? Apologies for so many questions. I'm HGSOC 3c.

Comments

• Hello @danidelbiondo - sorry, I have not had Avastin yet... I am hoping others who have had some experience with this drug will be able to post and offer you their support. 
    How are you feeling now that you have completed that session and has the medical team provided to you a follow-up / transition appointment or care plan?
  • I am on cycle 20. We hope to continue for as long as it works. I am taking it for my recurrence. The side effects that have gotten stronger are due to the taxol I am taking with it. The avastin is pretty much a walk in the park. 
  • I am currently in a clinical trial, receiving the avastin and taxol combo. I wasn’t aware that there was a maximum of 22 cycles. 
  • Hi Happy, I just discovered in Ontario, we are only funded for 17 treatments. Perhaps I'll be permitted more when I have a recurrence.
    I completed my 17 cycle on April 23. Now it's labs, Dr, and CT scans every 90 days.
  • Happy your clinical trial sounds very interesting. I had my first 6 cycles of taxol, carboplatinum  and Avastin for the last five. Not in a trial setting. I then went on to receive 12 treatments of Avastin as maintenance therapy.