I’m writing because I’m looking for any suggestions or input at all.
My message is more like a story book
So I’m not expecting everyone to give me a big response any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
My mom was diagnosed with Stage 3C High Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer.
She had a hysterectomy and then started chemo a little before a month later Dec.4th \ 18 Carboplatin and Paclitaxel treatment.
After this was completed she was offered a trail with a placebo Rucaparib and Nivolumab
but the travel distance was about 5 hrs away from where she lives and the thought of getting a placebo she did refuse at the time and expenses she would need for hotel stays etc.
She was not offered anything else other just to contact if she is having any discomfort or pain she notices.
I feel her blood work should have been checked more after she was set free from her 6 treatments but I’m not going to Dwell on the past.
Trying to focus on what has happened now.
She had a reoccurrence 3 spots noticed on CT scan I asked why she never had a PET scan and response given there is no need for one the CT scan is fine to focus on for now ?
As we do not have a PET scan at our hospital available she would have to travel / be put on waiting list to get one ... but shouldn’t she be regardless? Makes me wonder?
CT scan result 7cm right side of abdomen lining abdomen peritoneum
3 1/2 cm liver? I think
Lymph node by liver 3cm (Doctor said this one was worrisome)
Offered Caelyx treatment nothing else with it as of right now ? I asked if she was carboplatin sensitive and the DR. didn’t give a definite answer but said we will not use carboplatin with most people that have reoccurrences within 6 months from my research are.
So basically I’m wondering what is everyone’s thoughts on what she is offered with her reoccurrence and is there anything I should be trying to get with caelyx as a mantience treatment or what she should be really pushing for.
Also I forgot to add she is BRAC negative from her genetic test results