Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Recently diagnosed

Hi I am new to the group. I had a complete hysterectomy 5 weeks ago because of a cyst i had on my ovary. After surgery my doctor said it was cancer and i need to have 6 chemo treatments. They still haven't received the pathology  report so I cant start chemo yet. It worries me with how long it is taking.

Comments

• Hello @Joan113 - welcome to the chat site. I hope you are feeling ok with your surgery recovery. Sorry to hear you have cancer and to deal with the chemotherapy and the wait.

Not knowing the rest of the details or your story, have you been given access to supports to help you cope with the news of cancer and the upcoming treatments? A good point of contact may be your cancer care navigation team (it may be called something else in your location or cancer centre). They can assist with explaining what to expect and the process. Also, there should be a patient advocate that can help you navigate what happens next. And yes, a call to the doctor to find out the plan for you. Gosh, waiting just seems to be the hardest part.

I hope you have found some comfort and helpful tips around this site. There are many posts about coping and chemotherapy. You can also use the search bar at the top right for topics.

I will also private message you.
  • Thank you flowergirl I have an appointment tomorrow with oncologist gyn. Hopefully she will have some answers for me because it is the wait that is the hardest.