Recurrence

Hi I am 52 years old, diagnosed with stage 3/4 , BRCA negative, serous carcinoma in March 2019. Received 6 chemo, 3 pre and 3 post surgery( debulking). Last chemo was done 2 weeks ago and recent CT scan showed no sign for cancer. My medical oncologist told me today that there is chemo break now and we will wait for recurrence. He said recurrence will happen for sure because of high grade but he don’t know when . It could be 2 months or could be 2 years. Is recurrence is a must for high grades? Anyone who has similar type cancer and has no recurrence for more than 2 years. Is prognosis is always poor? 

Comments

• I had recurrence after 4 years. Im currently on lynparza. Im brca neg. Is lynparza an option for you
  • Hello @balbab68.. thank you for joining the chat and telling your story. Yes, it is hard to wrap your mind around the chemo break. Seems recurrence is so different for everyone. I hope you get the support and answers you need to move forward especially if you are feeling ok and are having this treatment break. 
    Others have shared similar stories and you can find them by entering the topics (like recurrence) in the search bar at the top right of the screen. 
  • Thanks Laurie and Flowergirl for your inputs. So probably I just need to monitor myself. Any kind of advice what I should be doing while I disease free. Thanks