Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

Is anyone dealing with ovarian and uterine cancers - apparently two different types

This is only my second post to this website but I was just wondering if anyone else is dealing with two different types of cancers at the same time?  I was diagnosed with an endometroidal (sp?) cancer two months ago and then while doing a CT scan, it was discovered that my ovarian cancer has recurred in my peritoneum.  I am to have an IUD inserted to release progesterone plus I begin chemo for the ovarian cancer next week.  This is all a little overwhelming; however I am trying to stay positive as I know this makes the world of difference when fighting this disease.  

Comments

• Hi Sistak, 

I also had 2 primary cancers- endometrial (1B) and ovarian (1C). Diagnosed at the same time, and it really was a little overwhelming. My ovarian cancer was endometrioid and it turns out it's not uncommon for that to co-exist with  endometrial cancer. I hope your treatment is going well, and that you have been able to get some information from your care providers. 
  • Hi Sistak,
    Just seeing your post.  After having surgery, I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  On my next visit in to see the doctor, he informed me that they also found cervical cancer.  Just before starting treatment, he told me that I also had endometrial cancer - 3 primaries all at once.  It was overwhelming for sure.  My doctor said - you are young, we are going to get this.  I was in my mid 40's.  That was over 10 years ago.  I relied on my doctors and my faith to see me through.  One thing that was suggested was to watch or read something funny everyday.  I started watching Just for Laughs on CBC.  I would be laughing out loud and my kids would be laughing right along.  I hope you are doing well.