Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

What to do when Olaparib stops working.

Options
Hi@Coutenay, I was on a Olaparib study a year ago. Worked well for the first 3 months. The first CT scan revealed tumour shrinkage by half.
On the next scan 3 months later no change. The drug had stopped working. So I have just finished another 6 rounds of Carboplatin-Doxorubicin Liposomal. The first CT scan 3 months in revealed some shrinkage. I have my next scan today and the results will tell how I am going forward.
If the tumours are smaller, then 6 more rounds of the same chemo. If the tumours are stable then it will be a wait and see what happens ( I definitely do not like this approach ). If the tumours are growing again then I am looking for in drug study. The one I am focused on is Immunotherapy. Dr. Hirte at Juravinsky Cancer Hospital in Hamilton is my Oncologist and he has been involved with studies of this kind and it seems very promising. I think I will push for this rather than a wait and see what happens as I am asymtomatic.