Looking for any Clear Cell Carcinoma Sisters! (Ontario)

Hi,
I'm 48 and was just diagnosed with Stage 2 OCCC a few days ago. Feeling VERY angry and incredibly overwhelmed. I'm having a hard time accepting that I am now part of the Cancer Industry. Apparently the stats aren't that great for this cancer type.
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to cope, emotionally. Thanks.

Comments

• Hello @SpectacularKaos... welcome to the chat site and sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis.
    How are you doing today? There is a lot of support here on the site as well as many topics and coping strategies we hope will assist you. I'll also private message you.
  • I have OCCC - Stage 3 and know exactly how you feel.  I was diagnosed in early February. It is overwhelming at times but I just focus on the good days when I can get out and do normal activities like shopping, visiting with friends, and walking as well as doing hobbies.  I try to live in the moment and take it day by day.  This is easier to do in weeks two and three once the chemo side effects wear off.  
  • kastoyleskastoyles
    edited April 27
    @SpectacularKaos, I was diagnosed with Stage 1C Clear Cell in January 2016. The tumour was successfully removed, but they discovered a breach and it was possible cells had leaked to my abdomen. The recommended course of treatment was 6 rounds of chemo. I was shocked to find I had cancer in the first place - then to need chemo? My family doctor said that I needed to be as aggressive as possible with this cancer.  I thought of my mother who died from breast cancer in 1975. If she had the options available today, she would have done whatever she could. So, I had chemo.
    How do you cope? It's different for everybody - but there will be sleepless nights, tears, anger and frustration. You will get through it. This forum is here to help. Talk to friends, join a support group, connect with others who have gone through the same thing. Try journalling, meditation or relaxation techniques - they all helped me cope, but it was a long time before I personally made peace with the diagnosis and treatment.
  • Hi @SpectacularKaos! I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I too was diagnosed with Stage 1C clear cell carcinoma in June 2016. I live in Ontario. I had a full hysterectomy at age 31 and then did 6 rounds of chemo as a precaution. Clear cell is a more rarer and aggressive type of cancer - so I was very scared - but I have been in remission since 2017. I too was very angry and overwhelmed when I was diagnosed...it felt like a whirlwind. I still am dealing with the residual anger (why me?) but in many ways cancer has changed my life for the better. I know it sounds a bit hokey, but I no longer take things for granted and try to live life to the fullest. There is a book called "Picking Up the Pieces" and it was instrumental in helping me cope once treatment was finished. If you have any questions or just need to talk or vent - feel free to post here. We got your back!