Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis (mfallis@ovariancanada.org).

How to Use OVdialogue

Options
2»

Comments

• Flowergirl
    Options
    discussion
  • Hi @fearless & @Flowergirl

Thank you for the information.  I will see if this works.

Hope this sees you both well  o:)
  • mfallis
    Options

Good afternoon (Ontario time) everyone!

Recently, we had to do an update to our text editor on OVdialogue as the one that we had been using was no longer going to be supported by the platform we use for the site. I understand that how you find the text formatting options are different than they were before. Here's what I can share to help you find the items you're looking for.

Similarly to in a Word doc, you can CTRL B (bold) or CTRL I (italics) before you want to write in that style. If you are using a Mac product, your shortcuts to do this formatting will be different.

If you're copying and pasting something you've written into the text box in OVdialogue, you can paste what you've written, however it may come up in plain text (without the formatting). If you select the text you want to bold/italicize in the OVdialogue text box, a format box will pop up like the image below and you can select the formatting you're looking for.

I am looking at options to see if there is an alternative, however we are bound by what is possible with the platform and what it will be supporting going forward.

There is also a little icon on the left of the text box that looks like a backwards P with an I after it. This also holds some formatting options (different Heading options will change the formatting), the option to add bullets or numbered lists, or quote some text (make it more prevalent), or insert a link.

I hope these notes are helpful. If you have any problems or questions, please let me know.

Marianne