Community Connection: Ovarian Cancer Canada is looking for volunteers! Could you help?

OVdialogue – consider joining our team in the role of Peer Support Volunteer. Over a few hours each week, you would be part of a team that helps connect people, support conversations and are thought leaders for OVdialogue. This is your opportunity to give back to those who have/continue to support you through the tough times, share your unique experiences, and help celebrate successes. For more details of what this entails, please reach out to @Mfallis ([email protected]).

Paracinthesis due to ascites

Hi I was diagnosed with stage 3 slow growing Ovarian cancer in 2015, had surgery, but no chemo. The cells that were left behind are chemo resistant so I take a hormone blocker and I'm having a recurrence. Just wondered if anyone else also has this, and do they have to have their stomach drained frequently due to malignant cancer fluid?

Comments

• Hello @claudine2863 - welcome to the chat site and thank you for sharing the thoughts on paracinthesis and ascites.
    I hope you are able to get the treatment and support you need.
    You may want to review the past chat topics (we are well over 4  pages long now, with each topic having multiple pages)
    Hope you can join us on Teal Tuesdays for the live chat at 7:00 PMCST 
    I 'll also private message you. 
  • @claudine2863 Hello I too have had recurrence and each time I have had to have multiple paracentesis.  I received chemotherapy treatments which helped to get rid of the fluid eventually.  I do not know about your situation as you say the cancer cells are resistant.  Maybe you should ask your doctor about receiving chemotherapy for the fluid dry up.  I have used drugs called Taxol and two platinum based drug called Carboplatin and Cisplatin. Two different issues as I see it.  The cancer cells and the fluid build up.  Please enquire.  
  • Hi and thanks for responding. The cells are slow growing and hormonal, ER doesn't usually respond to chemotherapy.
    I was on 2 different hormone blockers to block the Estrogen, but not very effective.