ca125 numbers

Hi I am new to this. 5 years ago I was diagnosed wit stage 3c metastatic high grade carcinoma with features of serous carcinoma.After 2 sugarys and 8 rounds of chemo I am doing ok.my last check up showed my ca125 was 10 which is the highest it’s been since I finished treatment, the one before that was 7, I am very nervous about this but my doctors say it’s ok and not to worry,just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

Comments

• FlowergirlFlowergirl Mod Vol
    Hello @Tara ; - welcome to the site. Thank you for sharing your story and glad to hear you are doing ok after those surgeries and chemo. 
    Worry in general (and about the numbers) is something many of us struggle with from time to time. Hope you will find lots of support here around the topics.
    I found it helpful by asking lots of questions of my health care team and reviewing the By Your Side resource.
    Depending on your condition and your health care team, sometimes those numbers are only one part of the assessment tools. Do you have an outline on how the health team is monitoring you?

• TaraTara
    Thank you @Flowergirl for you kind words. I see my gynacogal  oncologist every 6 months, she does an internal exam and checks my ca125 and that’s all I haven’t had a ct scan in 5 years as she states there is no need for it.
  • My CA125 hovers between 8 and 10 - both of which my oncologist is very happy about. Cause for concern is when the number rises significantly - doctor says if that happens they will test again within a couple of weeks to see if it remains higher. Then the investigation begins.
  • TaraTara
    Thank you Kastoyles for responding to know that someone else’s ca125 also is at the same level as mine is very comforting 
  • Hi @Tara.  It is common for women to be concerned about test results so you are not alone!  A CA125 reading can fluctuate from time to time and a reading under 35 is considered normal.   There is lots of help on this site if you have other questions or concerns!
  • TaraTara
    edited June 12
    Marlyn, Thank you so much for your advice it has eased  my worries.
  • Hi @Tara.  I'm glad that you are less anxious about things now.  Just a note about how to use the "@ feature in OVdialogue.  If you want to address someone directly, use @ in front of their name and the person will receive a notification that you have Tagged" them.  :)
  • Ok thank you @Marilyn