Decisions decisions

I am finished 3 of 6 carbo/taxel treatments. I reacted horribly to the taxel and they finally found a slow enough infusion with tons of pre-drugs for me to tolerate it. If I had reacted this time, the chemo doc was going to drop the taxel and do carbo alone. If carbo alone is enough, why am I putting myself through this? 
Chemo was my decision, I am stage 1 uterine and 1c grade 2 endometriod ovarian. My gyne-onc said she would support me if I did chemo or did not.  Before my next treatment on Mar 21, I am going to decide whether to finish the last 3 with carbo alone.  Anyone stage 1 that did no chemo? Or carbo alone? Need some wisdom here. 

• HI @KarenMari53 - that is good that you have the support of the DR. There are lots of treatment medications and I hope the medical team can find the right combination for you. 
    Sorry, the only wisdom I can offer is to ask the DR what drug combinations are available for you and review the side effects if you continue.... hoping it goes well for you.
  • Hi @KarenMari53 ; It can be difficult to make these kind of decisions.  Obviously, you want the best treatment possible but that is mitigated by the impact it has on you and your body.  It seems the doctor understands this but I imagine that doesn't make the decision any easier.  I do know many women have only carboplatin, so you would not be the first person to have carboplatin alone.  Have you discussed this with your family?  What are their thoughts about it and the effect the taxol had on you?  I guess it comes down to whether or not you think you can tolerate more taxol.  You may feel you could tolerate it but you may not want to put yourself through that again, which is a perfectly reasonable  decision.   

@kittycat started a discussion asking this same question although it wasn't because of side effect but you might find it helpful.

Good luck with your decision